Wednesday, March 30, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

Better late than never, right? Well, I finally got my pictures back today (took a WEEK to be developed!) and there are definitely some funny ones in here! Up until 3 or 4 years ago I had never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day. My family never did anything for the holiday, so I really never thought it was a big deal. Until I met Rickey. Then I found out that St. Patrick's Day is some insane day where you wake up early and start drinking, hang out, go to a parade and usually (for me at least) fall asleep by 4 p.m. It's a pretty cool holiday!
We started out at a friend's house. We had a big pot luck style breakfast--I made the green cinnamon rolls. And hung out around their house until it was time to walk down to the parade.
There were about a billion people there so meeting up with other friends turned out to be pretty tough. But after several phone calls, a 30 minute bathroom wait and a few blocks later we finally tracked everyone down and continued with the celebration.
 We finally ended the festivities in another friend's back yard (where I totally zonked out!) It was a good day.

Do you guys celebrate St. Patrick's Day? 
And is it a crazy, big deal where you're from?

2 comments:

Brooklynn said...

chicago is crazy too! definitely always am napping by the afternoon. :) and those cinnamon rolls are adorable.

Kristin said...

yeah. bar time galore.

Post a Comment