Friday, August 19, 2011

fun fact friday vol. 4

On how I stumbled into the blog world.

A little over 2 years ago I was over at my family's house doing laundry and using their computer. I was Googling 'Zooey Deschanel hair' when I found a photo of some other cute girl with awesome hair that was not Zooey, but in fact Rhiannon instead. I looked through this 'thing' (I was pretty unaware of blogs at the time) of hers and was kind of in awe. 'Wait, this girl wears really cute clothes and takes pictures of them and people read/look at it?' and then, 'she makes a living selling vintage clothing online?? that's so cool!' I then took the next couple of days to read her entire blog and was so inspired by this new discovery. I found that there were a ton of other super cool and adorable girls out there doing the same thing! I started reading a few other blogs and really wanted to be part of that world. I had already been shopping at thrift stores and altering clothing for myself and thought that having my own shop would also be the greatest thing ever! So after a couple of months I decided that I would go for it! I started my blog and opened my shop and have been loving it ever since! 

How did you get into the world of blogging? Did you kind of just stumble upon it like I did? I'd love to hear your story!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a really cute blog! and great style. hello from a new follower :) xo

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your blog is great and your style is awesome ♥ . You've got a new follower!

http://beindiebetrendy.blogspot.com/

xoxo

Unknown said...

i sort of stumbled upon it as well. thanks sooo much for commenting on my blog. i love your etsy shop. i go there all the time and just saw your comment today. :) do you have a banner for your shop? i'd like to do an ad swap so we can each have our etsy promoted on our blogs :) if you go to my blog you can see the partners section on the left sidebar.
hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

also, i'm following you now

Post a Comment