Monday, June 20, 2011

Destin, Florida

We had a nice long relaxing vacation, but I'm happy to finally be home and back to the real world. We went to Destin, Florida with 60+ of Rickey's relatives and stayed in houses right on the beach. These first two pictures are the view from our back deck! Outside our back door was the ocean, outside the front door was our own pool! 
This was one of the two thrift stores we made it to. I'd never seen a Goodwill that didn't have the normal logo signage plus this one was even decorated with mosaic tiles! It looked pretty neat, but they didn't have anything good there. We also shopped around at a couple malls and I actually got 4 new dresses! I'm excited to share them with you all! A few days after I bought them I saw Starr wearing one of them on her blog!
One of the nights Rickey and I made our way down to the boardwalk for dinner and exploring. While we were deciding where to eat we spotted an adorable pack of beach kittens! Can you spot the one in the photo below? This was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip! We saw two just lounging, started walking some more and kept spotting them! There had to be at least 7 or 8.
I had a nice week full of swimming, sleeping in, staying up late, getting sunburnt, eating too much, mixed drinks, shopping, long walks and other fun! Plus while we were away it was our 3 year anniversary! 

1 comment:

smileviolet said...

Hey I just came across your blog and was excited to see that I won't be the only one going to Florida in June (I am going this Saturday for a week and people seem shocked that one would venture to Florida in the June heat, haha). Your pictures make me so excited to go and I also loved your post on Wes Anderson! I will be back to your blog for sure!

Thanks! :)
Sarah

Post a Comment